19 October 2008

McKenzie Classic

Mallory is the one on the end, far left. I can usually pick her out when the mellos are together. The "Elvis Move". I dropped the camera right before this and barely grabbed it in time to shoot the moment. At the McKenzie Classic in Vancouver, WA, you can buy "shoutouts" from the band boosters that they announce over the PA system as the band takes the field. Mike and I did one this year for Mallory. We said, "Mallory, thanks for 4 years of marching excellance with CV.......the sky is yours! Love, Mom, Dad, Jacob, Richy & Becca" She told us later she almost cried. (Mal hates to cry, so that means it was a good thing) These are the candy flowers that came with the shoutout. She had this sweatshirt made. The front is the event logo and with all the participating bands listed, left side is CV, right side MB, and across the hood is a musical staff, the back is some kind of band-oriented lingo. She's very fashionable now. They came in 6th place. I still wonder about that. But we were playing with the big kids here and there were definatley 2 bands better than us, plus the host band, who played in exhibition. 3 down and 1 more to go. 900 miles round trip to Corvallis, OR. I get to ride a bus!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Oh my word you are one dedicated mom. I still can't believe she is a SENIOR!