25 March 2009

Trouble......

on my counter!
My Sister in Law is going to start laughing at me.........I have these 2 cups. My dear children (don't know who), in doing their chores, and being obedient, put away, and stacked, 2 glasses........while they were still warm from the dishwasher. They are stuck. Stuck. Stuck! I won't mention how many months they have been sitting there, it doesn't really matter. I really like my full, complete set, that I have been able to keep together for almost 2 years. I have tried under running water, putting ice water in the top....
using my great science theories, ice water in the top and warm/hot water in the bottom, all to no avail. If anyone has suggestions, besides my sister in laws (which is to throw them away and forget about it - I do love you though, for trying to help me out of my misery), I would really appreciate it. I am going to set them on my counter until I get back from Utah. Then try one more time my tricks and any new tricks that have been suggested. Then, shhhh,
I may have to throw them away? Thanks, Love, Jenn =)

6 comments:

Dad said...

OK. since you can't unstick it by temperature, my first thought is -- WD-40!

Kris said...

Oh...my...word...yes I'm THAT sister in law.

Did you try the dishwasher thing?

Brooke Moss said...

I once got two cups unstuck by melting butter, then pouring it over the place where the two cups were touching, then twisting the cups. I dont know if it will work, as they sound REALLY stuck, but its worth a try!

Jenn said...

Dad - love the WD-40 idea! Needed another man's point of view.

Kris - You are the best! I forgot to put them back in the dishwasher and let the heat do its thing again. I'm kind of sidetracked.

Sarah - love the buter idea. I had tried vegetable oil, but butter is thinner, might work!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dad said...

Yeah - there's a vacuum in there, so you gotta figure out how to equalize the air pressure or break the seal. Maybe leaving the ice/hot water combination sit longer -- or use boiling water.