07 January 2009

New Year, New Changes, New Pets

It's a New Year! As my first entry of the year I have some new goals, just like I hope you have. One of them is doing a little more on my blog. I have been inspired from other friends and think I might give it a go for some changes. So, I have come up with a few new features, some new formats, and please comment. One feature is going to be South Beach Saturdays. I have renewed my commitment to loose weight and be healthy. I love to cook, so I will be sharing SB friendly recipes that I like (or maybe I didn't) and then I can get better with my food photos. (My dad & hubby got be this great little camera and so now there is no excuse). I have a few other ideas for posting new features and then odds and ends as needed. So, hence, the title, New Year, New Changes, and.... New pets! Becca and Mallory have these cute sisters. Chloe is on the right, she is all black. Mallory's is the kitty on the left. With her white paws, white tummy, white ring around her neck, and the cute white whiskers against her black face, Mal named her DM, short for Drum Major. They are hilarious! Because they are sisters, they sleep and play, sleep and play. Poor Cocoa, our 10 yo cat, is having a very hard time adjusting, it's been 2 weeks and we still don't see her very often. She hides a lot, but we are very loving and kind to her and Mallory work with her along with teaching the kittens to be a little more respectful. And if you didn't think we were already crazy adding 2 kittens with an older stubborn barn cat....we added Zeke!

Yes, Zeke is a rambunctious, smart, sweet, stinky, Lab/Border Collie. When we get him house trained, he will be an awesome companion. Santa brought him early on Christmas Eve because he was a little too rowdy for the sleigh! He's mainly Richy's puppy, but we all have to take part in the training as we need to be people trained too. Maybe I can think of a feature for the pets. Anyway, Happy New Year and I hope everyone can think of one thing to improve on and make positive changes. Love, Jenn

Posted by Picasa
a

6 comments:

Lene said...

Jenn - I can't wait to see on the new ideas on your blog.

And 3 new pets...at Christmas. Wow.

Kris said...

Yea! Can't wait for the recipes. I need to buckle down again as well. You might as well blog when you are so snowed in!

Dad said...

Happy New Year! I like Becca and the kitties!

Smelly Moose said...

Wow, I don't know how you do so many pets! We had a little puppy and he only lasted a few months before I said OUT! They look like fun though :)

Gina said...

That's a lot of animals! So cute though, especially Becca and the kitties.

Gina said...

That's a lot of animals! So cute though, especially Becca and the kitties.