17 February 2009

Favorite Quilt Book

I spent the yesterday (um, 1.5 hours?) at the church attending our Enrichment Quilt Group. We were working on a wall-hanging project with a changeable panel for each month. Ambitious, I know, but it's always nice to have goals and feel like you're accomplishing something. Pushes me a little.
So, amidst the actual sewing, you have to chat, chat, chat...... Some quilt days, I can get a TON done, and other days, I chat WAY to much and get nothing done. It was a definitely chat day. I like visiting with the sisters and hanging out while I pin, trace, cut, etc. I did get a little done, and I finished the step tonight while watching TV. One conversation included my quilt book.....
I really like this book because it has great pictures! (we all like books with pictures!) It is a great reference with step-by-step instruction, tips for everything, spiral-bound to lay flat, lots of other great things. The main reason I bought the book was the last step! The last step in quilting is the binding, the last little edge piece that frames the quilt. Joining the ends (quilt-lingo, work with me), is always confusing for me, and I always end up at my teacher's house asking, "What.....?". She has even photocopied directions and pictures for me each time.....that I lose. As I was wandering through the craft section B&N a while back I came across this great book. On pages 221-223 are great pictures, step-by-step, on how to join the ends! WooHoo!!!Worth every penny, just for those 3 pages. =)
Some of the gals wanted to see my book, so I told them I would post it. Here are the particulars: "Quilting The Complete Guide", by Darlene Zimmerman, published by krause publications. http://www.krausebooks.com/ Amazon or eBay would be great sources, plus I'm sure we could find a discount somewhere with the economy. Happy quilting! Love, Jenn =)

1 comment:

Lene said...

I love that you get together to quilt. I think I would be a chatter instead of a worker.

I hope you share the finish product when it's done.